Underground Storage Tank
Vista Environmental Consulting (Vista) performed a hazardous materials investigation including environmental sampling at the San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area Maintenance Facility. This work was performed in response to a leaking underground storage tank.
Work included the following actions:
- Collection of water level measurements in 7 on site monitoring wells
- Collection of free product measurements 3 on site monitoring wells
- Performed product removal from 3 on site monitoring wells with measurable free product
- Collection of groundwater samples from 4 on site monitoring wells
- Analysis of the groundwater samples at an analytical laboratory for benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene, xylenes (BTEX), and methyl tert butyl ether (MTBE)
- Completed a report of findings
Vista was tasked with performing further characterization of the potential effects on soil and groundwater as a result of a former underground storage tank. Vista conducted several soil borings for the collection and analysis of soil samples and possibly the collection and analysis of groundwater samples. A report was generated presenting the results of the investigation as well as possibly recommend clean up actions.
Vista worked as the liaison for the state, the local regulatory agency, the Merced County Department of Environmental Health with input from the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, whenever necessary.